Sidmouth’s East Devon League team draw meeting with Exminster at Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s East Devon League team drew their meeting ay Honiton with Exminster with both teams finishing with two-and-a-half points, writes Hugh Dorliac.
What made a usually difficult encounter all the tougher was that all the Sidmouth players had to concede shots to their opponents!
Leading off for Sidmouth were captain Harrison Jones with Jonathan Lee, a normally solid match player, but who, on this occasion, decided to bring a snap hook along for fun! It did not help, or his captain, and they conspired to lose on the 17th hole by two.
Terry Jones and Kym White had a tight game and eventually settled for a half, whilst Craig Melluish and Jeremy Holden went one better and posted Sidmouth’s first win with a very comfortable six-and-five success.
Moray Bosence and partner Alex Duckworth also won, but it was a much tougher game with the Exminster pair receiving five and seven shots apiece!
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, the final pair out, Steve Milton and Marc Jenkins, couldn’t continue the winning momentum and eventually lost their tie four-and-three.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Peninsula League season could be over
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year