Sidmouth’s East Devon League team draw meeting with Exminster at Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s East Devon League team drew their meeting ay Honiton with Exminster with both teams finishing with two-and-a-half points, writes Hugh Dorliac.
What made a usually difficult encounter all the tougher was that all the Sidmouth players had to concede shots to their opponents!
Leading off for Sidmouth were captain Harrison Jones with Jonathan Lee, a normally solid match player, but who, on this occasion, decided to bring a snap hook along for fun! It did not help, or his captain, and they conspired to lose on the 17th hole by two.
Terry Jones and Kym White had a tight game and eventually settled for a half, whilst Craig Melluish and Jeremy Holden went one better and posted Sidmouth’s first win with a very comfortable six-and-five success.
Moray Bosence and partner Alex Duckworth also won, but it was a much tougher game with the Exminster pair receiving five and seven shots apiece!
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, the final pair out, Steve Milton and Marc Jenkins, couldn’t continue the winning momentum and eventually lost their tie four-and-three.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town