Sidmouth’s Fortfield home set for busy week with some top cricket action on offer
- Credit: Archant
There’s a busy week ahead of cricket for all at Sidmouth.
It all begins on Sunday when the Fortfield hosts a replay of last season’s Devon Senior Cup final between Sidmouth and Bovey Tracey.
Then on Thursday and Friday the ground hosts the Minor Counties Cricket Association in two prestigious fixtures against the MCC and Hampshire 2nd XI.
Sidmouth and Bovey are currently first and second respectively in the Francis Clark Devon Premier League and the cup draw has pitted last year’s finalists in a first round tie.
Bovey will be hoping there is no repeat of the Fortfield meeting last August when Sidmouth recovered from early problems to make 180 in their 40 overs and then dismissed their opponents for 81 for the first leg of a league and club double.
You may also want to watch:
After the Bank Holiday Monday friendly against Collingbourne the ground will be readied for Thursday’s match between the Minor Counties Cricket Association and MCC, the guardians of the game.
This annual fixture was played at the home of the game, Lord’s, last year and Sidmouth Cricket, Tennis and Croquet Club’s chairman, Neil Gamble, said it was an honour for the Fortfield to be selected to host the game.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
On Friday the MCCA’s under 25 side, known as the Unicorns, take on Hampshire in the 2nd XI Trophy competition.
Matches start at 2pm on Sunday and Monday, 11.30am on Thursday and noon on Friday.
In Francis Clark Devon League action on Saturday, May 25, Sidmouth 1st XI visit Bradninch, the 2nd XI entertain Plympton and the 3rd XI host Stoke Gabriel 2nd XI at the Bicton College ground.