Sidmouth’s Goc into fourth place in Bideford 10k race
Sidmouth runners have been busy recently competing in various events, writes Lesley Roberts.
Milan Goc travelled to Bideford for a 10 miler along the Tarka Trail and came away with fourth place overall.
More modestly a group of us went to Cotleigh for the inaugural Cotleigh Canters put on by the Honiton Club.
There were three races all going on at once over 3, 5 and finally 10 km along the country lanes around the village hall.
The races were well supported and we came away with a lot of the honours.
You may also want to watch:
Flurry Grierson won the 3k, his brother, Grey, and Lucy Owen came first and second in the five whilst Laurence Bolam was second in the 10k followed by a host of also-rans from the Club.
Times: (Bideford 10 mile) Milan Goc 1.00.35; (Cotleigh 10k) Laurence Bolam 35.56; Aaron Smith 45.04; John Perratt 48.24; Colin Flood 48.36; David Palmer 49.44; Deborah Scott 54.54; Sarah Brown 55.21; John Doherty 56.11; Rachel Burrow 60.22; Louise Brown 61.28; (5k) Grey Grierson 19.43; Lucy Owen 20.01; and (3k) Flurry Grierson 13.20
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert