Sidmouth’s Goc into fourth place in Bideford 10k race
Sidmouth runners have been busy recently competing in various events, writes Lesley Roberts.
Milan Goc travelled to Bideford for a 10 miler along the Tarka Trail and came away with fourth place overall.
More modestly a group of us went to Cotleigh for the inaugural Cotleigh Canters put on by the Honiton Club.
There were three races all going on at once over 3, 5 and finally 10 km along the country lanes around the village hall.
The races were well supported and we came away with a lot of the honours.
You may also want to watch:
Flurry Grierson won the 3k, his brother, Grey, and Lucy Owen came first and second in the five whilst Laurence Bolam was second in the 10k followed by a host of also-rans from the Club.
Times: (Bideford 10 mile) Milan Goc 1.00.35; (Cotleigh 10k) Laurence Bolam 35.56; Aaron Smith 45.04; John Perratt 48.24; Colin Flood 48.36; David Palmer 49.44; Deborah Scott 54.54; Sarah Brown 55.21; John Doherty 56.11; Rachel Burrow 60.22; Louise Brown 61.28; (5k) Grey Grierson 19.43; Lucy Owen 20.01; and (3k) Flurry Grierson 13.20
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again