Sidmouth’s Janice, Jill and Wendy win the Budleigh Jubilee Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth sent a team of three ladies over to Budleigh to play in their invitation triples competition, the Jubilee Cup, writes Carol Smith.
What’s more, they win the competition with a plus score of 15 shots.
Well done, to Janice Quinn, Jill Bishop and Wendy Cox, who returned with a came away with the Trophy and a bottle of wine each.
Sunday morning saw the Sidmouth ladies once again battle blazing heat and quality opposition as they went head-to-head with Kings, Torquay in the area semi-final of the national Top Club competition. Kings fielded a team of talented young players, some of whom are current England internationals, but Sidmouth have had a great run in this prestigious competition and were not overawed by the challenge!”
All our ladies played well, but Kings just kept taking our shots away!
You may also want to watch:
The pairs at one stage were just one shot down and, at the finish, the triples only lost the game by two shots, so we didn’t disgrace ourselves even though we lost all four disciplines. On the positive side we did extremely well to get to the semi-final.
In the County Mixed Pairs Section Three B final, Ray Tallent and Jill Bishop beat another Sidmouth pairing, Sandra and Ken Wheeler and now meet Jan and Ken Roberts who were winners of the Section Three A final. That match will take place on the green at Madeira – well done all, and good luck to them in the next round.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
Away at Budleigh, our ladies played a friendly triples game. Sidmouth won overall with a fine score of 39-33 with the top team being Mary Bristow, Jean Brimson and skip Jill Bishop, 17-9.
Tuesday evening saw the final game of the County Trophy with Sidmouth meeting Ottery. It produced a strange result as both the Sidmouth home teams won as did the two Ottery teams in their home games. However, with the Sidmouth away teams only losing by a single shot each, it left Sidmouth the aggregate winners at 77-73, banking 12 of the available 16 points for their excellent efforts.