Sidmouth’s Jill Bishop awarded County Badge
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Ladies had two reasons to celebrate in the past week, writes Mary Turner.
Firstly Jill Bishop has been awarded her County Badge.
In receiving the honour she becomes the first lady from the club to receive such since 2005, congratulations from us all Jill.
Secondly, Jean Brimsom and Eileen Hewett beat local rivals from Madiera to clinch the Section 3 title and will now go though to the County quarter finals. Well done, ladies, and good luck in the quarter finals.
The Over-50s blue team played at Pinces Gardens, winning on one rink and losing one. The winning rink was P Chew, P Nobbs and E Hewett.
You may also want to watch:
Last Tuesday last saw the staging of lady captain’s day.
Glorious weather was present for a very special occasion and all the ladies taking part wore colourful tops in place of formal whites.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
This proved to be a success with various spectators commenting on how bright they looked.
The match was followed by a two-course luncheon which was enjoyed by players and invited guests.
Lady captain Valerie Newnham thanked everyone for their support in her year of office.
Things are hotting up in the internal competitions with Finals Days’ set for August 29 and 31.
The Charity Bonanza is on bank holiday Monday with this years charity being Motor Neurone Society.
Home made cakes together with coffee and tea will be served and there will also be lots of bargain stalls.