Sidmouth's lady bowlers' mixed week
A mixed week, like the weather, for the Sidmouth Ladies this week!
A mixed week, like the weather, for the Sidmouth Ladies this week! There were some successes and some disappointments:
The sun shone at Morchard Bishop where a warm welcome awaited the Sidmouth teams who were playing against Bradworthy ladies in the DCLBA Inter Club competition.
Despite some very good play, both rinks lost and, unfortunately, this means that Sidmouth ladies are now out of the Inter Club competition, but we congratulate the teams for getting so far in this very competitive competition.
A rather cool and windy day greeted the ladies over-50s league players who were on their home ground against Crediton. They won overall by three points, winning on one rink and losing on the other. The winning team was Pat Pritchard, Dreda Taylor and Jill Bishop.
You may also want to watch:
Friendly Matches: Sidmouth ladies welcomed three teams from Budleigh Salterton and enjoyed a very successful afternoon.
They won on two rinks and lost on the other, but had a good overall win. The two winning rinks were Marion Watson, Sylvia Cook, Jenny Fricker, Sheila Graham 19-15; Marianne Borst, Daphne Jamieson, Sheila Lewis, Wendy Limpus 18-16.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Ladies' Umbrella: despite a cool and, at times, very windy afternoon, the ladies had an extremely enjoyable afternoon.
The Sidmouth ladies always enjoy their Wednesday afternoons, which are organised by the vice captain Marianne Borst, and this week there was some very competitive friendly play.