Sidmouth’s Over-60s Triples teams in treble triumph
- Credit: Archant
The past week was certainly another good one for the bowlers of Sidmouth, writes Bert Hague.
The Over-60s A team were winners on both rinks (13-11 and 15-14) in their success at home to Crediton.
On the same day Sidmouth B matched that with 22-11 and 18-17 successes to see off Ottery.
Completing a marvellous triple triumph were the C team who bagged a 33-3 and an 18-15 double success at Belmont.
Touring side, Leicester City and Parks, a name to conjure with, pitched up with a mixed team of seven rinks for a Saturday match that saw Sidmouth won 163-91.
You may also want to watch:
The annual meeting between the captain and vice-captain took place with this years format being six triples games.
The winners overall were the teams representing vice captain Mike Borst, getting the better of the teams for captain John Mason.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Five ladies, Zena, Josie, Anita, Karen and Lynda provided an excellent tea. A trip to Madeira for the annual 21-end triples contest saw Sidmouth win on five of the six rinks.
All the games were close, but the combination of John Greenaway, Bert Hague and David Fairclough with a score of 17-13, proved to be highest on the day.
It would appear that the hunt is still on for our missing wicker donkey. Our Over-60s A team are certainly missing the luck its presence makes. We do hope the culprits do not turn out to be bowling rivals.
Certainly, stranger things have happened.