Sidmouth’s Perry looking to bag a national body building title
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth-based James Perry is a young man with a mission, writes Mark Briggs.
The 24-year-old began body building a couple of years ago and is now heading for the British Championships in October.
Perry is very much a local lad, he plays rugby for Sidmouth Chiefs, but his new focus is working hard towards what he hopes will be success in the autumn at the national championships.
He follows a disciplined routine, attending the gym at 5am each morning and returning there after work!
His dedication to training has already paid dividends as last weekend he won the South West Heavyweight NPA title.
You may also want to watch:
Perry attended the British Championships 12 months ago.
Two months before last years event he had to lose three stone, which he managed and he came fifth in the novice class.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
He returned to rugby, but, halfway through the last campaign he began to target top billing in body building.
Last Sunday, at the South West championships he was a single point away from winning the overall competition at his second attempt.
Making that all the more impressive is the fact that in opposition were veterans with years of experience!
His next target is the British Championships being staged in Bedford on October 27.