Sidmouth’s Sheelah Creasy team complete home matches with a win and a draw
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Sheelah Creasy team, captained by Linda Reynolds, hosted their last two home matches, writes Pauline Couldwell.
They welcomed Tiverton on Friday and Okehampton on Monday.
Friday's team was led out by Anne Blackler who won her match, four-and-three; Andrea Milton followed and she too won by the same score.
Linda Reynolds and Heather Cowan both won their matches, one up and next out, Pauline Couldwell won eight-and-six.
Last out for the hosts was Marian Andrews and she secured a four-and-three success.
You may also want to watch:
All Sidmouth players gave Tiverton ladies shots which makes the overall result of 7-0 to Sidmouth even more gratifying.
Monday's match was against Okehampton, who are previous winners of the Sheelah Creasy Bowl, arrived armed with their caddies.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
The Sidmouth team, consisting of Linda Reynolds, Ros Eaton, Gill Paddon, Ann Willoughby, Andrea Milton, Heather Cowan and Susan Hackett battled hard, and the matches were very close.
Overall, the result was a draw, three-and-a-half each, which was not too disappointing considering all the team had to give their opponents shots, but Okehampton were awarded the extra away point.
The next fixture in the competition for Sidmouth will be at Ilfracombe at the beginning of June and that will be the start of the away matches.