Sidmouth’s three wise golfing men!
- Credit: Archant
It was vey much a case of ‘Three wise men at the top’ in the playing of the Grandfathers Cup at Sidmouth, writes Chris Roberts.
The Saturday event was, as the title suggests, only open to grand fathers and no fewer than 33 took part!
After a close encounter throughout there were three that scored 36 points.
That meant countback was called into play and Ron Davies was declared winner.
Doug Jones was placed second with Bob Reynolds third.
You may also want to watch:
Just a single point behind the first three were a further four grand fathers, all carding 35 points with Colin Mitchell sneaking fourth place courtesy of countback.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon