Sidmouth’s three wise golfing men!
- Credit: Archant
It was vey much a case of ‘Three wise men at the top’ in the playing of the Grandfathers Cup at Sidmouth, writes Chris Roberts.
The Saturday event was, as the title suggests, only open to grand fathers and no fewer than 33 took part!
After a close encounter throughout there were three that scored 36 points.
That meant countback was called into play and Ron Davies was declared winner.
Doug Jones was placed second with Bob Reynolds third.
You may also want to watch:
Just a single point behind the first three were a further four grand fathers, all carding 35 points with Colin Mitchell sneaking fourth place courtesy of countback.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby