Sidmouth’s Williams fences to bronze in English Universities Championship.
Youngsters from Sidmouth and East Devon Fencing Club travelled to Tavistock for the Devon Age Group championships.
Fresh from the British Youth Championship, Finn Manning showed the experience gained there and his excellent technique to win the Under-13 Boys Foil, with Jacob Simey-Jones winning bronze.
Henry Keate won bronze in the Under-15 Boys Foil, and Tilly Limbrick showed amazing skill and accuracy in the events first Under-7 Girls Foil competition to land the gold award.
The final of the Under-11 Boys Foil reached a nail biting climax with the scores moving up evenly, Alexis Jouan missing out on gold by just 1 point at 9-10. Ollie Manning won Bronze, and also competing were Miles Limbrick and James Hands.
In other club news, Grace Williams, now fencing at Plymouth University, won bronze in the England Universities foil championships, and was selected to fence for England in the Five National University team championship, which England won with a commanding lead.
You may also want to watch:
Williams is now back in Sidmouth for the summer vacation and is providing extra coaching at the Club.
Sidmouth and East Devon Fencing Club will continue to train as usual at Sidmouth Sports Centre on Thursday evenings throughout August, and new members of all standards are very welcome.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National