Sidmouth’s Wiltshire hits the road to Wimbledon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Tennis club juniors have been active in a number of competitions including the club stage of the Road to Wimbledon event, writes Leslie Cranston.
In the girls Under-14 section, held at Seaton, Katie Wiltshire came out victorious for Sidmouth after her three matches, and now moves to the County stage where she will be joined by Eliot King who won the boys section.
The runner-up was Ollie Truman.
Congratulations to them both and good luck at the next stage.
Success there would lead to playing in a tournament at Wimbledon!
You may also want to watch:
Well done to the Aegon Under-9s who drew 5-5 against Exmouth.
This is a team tennis event and we look forward to following their progress in other matches.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
The older age groups begin their campaign this weekend.