Sidmouth Sailing Club all set for ‘Push the Boat Out’ event on May 19
- Credit: Archant
Are you looking for a new way to get outdoors and active or find something you can enjoy together with the family?
If the answer is yes, Sidmouth Sailing Club in Sidmouth is inviting you and your family to come and try sailing for free on Saturday, May 19.
Whether you’re completely new to the sport or looking to get back on the water, RYA Push the Boat Out, which takes place throughout May, is the perfect time to give it a go.
The nationwide event will see thousands of people taking part in the sailing or windsurfing activity, with open days and taster sessions taking place at sailing clubs and centres across the country.
“We’re inviting the local community to come down to have a go at sailing, see what the Sidmouth Sailing Club has to offer and get involved. Who knows, you might just get hooked!” commented Ady Moreton, Sidmouth Sailing Club’s Vice Commodore.
You may also want to watch:
Starting at 10am, on May 19, there will be a whole host of activities taking place, including taster RIB sessions (adults only). We are offering 30 -minute free sessions throughout the day.
Sailing can be as physical or as relaxing as you want to make it, you can sail with others or on your own, do it competitively or potter about and just enjoy the gentle escape of being outside in the elements.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
For full details about what’s going on at Sidmouth Sailing Club, visit www.sidmouthsailing.org.uk or follow the club on Facebook.
For more information on RYA Push the Boat Out, visit www.rya.org.uk/go/ptbo