Sidmouth Sailing Club celebrates a super year of achievement and growth
Saturday evening saw the members of Sidmouth Sailing Club gather together with friends and family for their annual Trophy Night held at the Port Royal.
The evening was well attended where the achievements of many over the past year were recognised and celebrated.
Commodore, Simon White, who conducted the presentation of the award’s, told everyone present that he felt the season had been a ‘great success’ and that the membership of the club had increased during the season.
He also spoke of the commitment and enthusiasm of those members who give up so much of their own time in supporting and running the club and its events.
A new idea trialled this year had been ‘Taster Sessions’ whereby people new to sailing had the opportunity of being taken out by an experienced helm. This had proved to be a fantastic success and more sessions are planned for next year.
You may also want to watch:
The social side of the club has also grown, with many different types of events being held throughout the year. One of the biggest events this year was the screening of the ‘Bake Off” final with our own baking competition running simultaneously.
The 2016 calendar is already being organized and will be published early next year thereby giving its members plenty of time to prepare for the many events of the new season.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 9 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
During the interval everyone had the opportunity of sampling delicious food supplied and served by outside caterers ‘Dan’s American Kitchen’. The quality of food was amazing and enjoyed by all.
The evening was concluded with Simon White thanking everyone for attending and making it such a successful night.