Sidmouth Sailing Club celebrates success at annual Trophy Night
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Sailing Club formally brought the 2017 season to an end at its annual Trophy Night on Saturday, November 18, writes Alistair Watson.
Members listened to Commodore John Keast open the proceedings with a summary of the season.
He said that the club had successfully expanded the number of junior sailors in the membership this year.
To mark this point, Scott Tobin, the training centre principle, and Alastair Watson, the vice-commodore, arranged for all club juniors to be awarded for their fantastic commitment this year.
Awards also went to young sailors for showing great skills, including, David Clapp (junior race crew), Sofia Abrahams (junior ladies helm), Charlie Pickering (best male from RYA training courses) and Christina Clapp (RS Feva Saturday handicap series winner), as well as to George Chapman and Toby Wells for crewing the winning dinghy in the Juniors annual Dizzy Duck race.
You may also want to watch:
The club is keen the hear from anyone interested in taking up the sport.
A programme of taster sessions, courses and development is planned for 2018.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
To find out more about the club, visit the website, www.sidmouth sailing.org.uk