Sidmouth Sailing Club to hold ‘new style taster sessions’
- Credit: Archant
A new sailing season is about to start and Sidmouth Sailing Club is gearing up for what it is hoped will be another special campaign, writes Stephen Birley.
The clubhouse has been refurbished and, starting in April, there’s going to be a series of ‘new style taster sessions’ which will provide a basic sailing experience to anyone aged 10 or over.
These taster sessions will give adults and children alike the chance to sail with an experienced helm from the beach at Sidmouth with full safety boat cover and use of the club’s facilities.
The sessions will be held over four weeks on Saturday morning’s with the first two on April 18 and 25 and the next two on May 9 and 16.
The sessions will start at 10.30am and will usually finish around midday. Buoyancy aids can be provided if required. Details of the cost and how to book can also be found on the club website at www.sidmouthsailing.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
The club’s RYA sailing course teaches adults dinghy levels one and two and also the youth sailing scheme stages one to four. The dinghy courses are held over two full weekends and provide enough knowledge and experience to allow you to enjoy sailing at our family friendly club and develop your sailing skills.
The RYA qualifications are transferable and will allow you to sail at any club and even enjoy sailing whilst on holiday.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
The club is now open for bookings for the RYA courses that will all be held on June 6 and 7 and again on June 13 and 14. The club does encourage people to book as soon as possible as the courses are often over subscribed.
Scott Tobin is the RYA training centre principal at the club and is always happy to field questions from anyone interested in joining the club in Sidmouth. He can be contacted via email at email@example.com
For all other matters relating to the sailing club visit www.sidmouthsailing .org.uk