Sidmouth Saturday stableford triumph for Neil Holland
- Credit: Archant
An extra stableford competition was scheduled added on Saturday as it was a blank day in the fixture calendar, writes John Barnard.
Neil Holland took the honours with his first win of the year and a return to his plus one handicap. He didn’t have a great start, a double bogie on the second and a bogie on the high stroke index fourth hole, but then he got going.
A four under gross back nine with five birdies and just the one bogie meant a score of 38 points, beating Paddy Tallon countback.
Not much point entering the ‘two’s competition’, Neil had four of them on his own!
Paddy birdied the first and the last, but a few dropped shots in between, including two double bogies which handed Neil the win.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Smedley was in third, beginning to show some form after a slow start to the year.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout