Sidmouth Saturday stableford triumph for Neil Holland
- Credit: Archant
An extra stableford competition was scheduled added on Saturday as it was a blank day in the fixture calendar, writes John Barnard.
Neil Holland took the honours with his first win of the year and a return to his plus one handicap. He didn’t have a great start, a double bogie on the second and a bogie on the high stroke index fourth hole, but then he got going.
A four under gross back nine with five birdies and just the one bogie meant a score of 38 points, beating Paddy Tallon countback.
Not much point entering the ‘two’s competition’, Neil had four of them on his own!
Paddy birdied the first and the last, but a few dropped shots in between, including two double bogies which handed Neil the win.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Smedley was in third, beginning to show some form after a slow start to the year.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town