Sidmouth Scorpion Open success for Tom Jeffcoate
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Sailing Club hosted its annual Scorpion Open in challenging conditions over the final weekend of June.
The breeze was similar on both days, with gusts and wind shifts adding a little spice to the proceedings.
The competition involved six races spread over both days.
The Scorpion dinghy is a strong fleet nationally and although the number of visitors were down on the last few years, the club had 15 boats on the water for this Southern Championship.
The winning helm was Tom Jeffcoate from Shoreham SC with his crew Tim Hartley.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Hayman and his daughter Fran received a prize for the leading Sidmouth boat.
David Clapp, age 11, a local sailor, crewed with his father and received a special prize for being the youngest competitor.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
A big thank-you to all those who made the weekend a big success. Anyone looking for information about the club should contact firstname.lastname@example.org