Sidmouth Scorpion Open success for Tom Jeffcoate
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Sailing Club hosted its annual Scorpion Open in challenging conditions over the final weekend of June.
The breeze was similar on both days, with gusts and wind shifts adding a little spice to the proceedings.
The competition involved six races spread over both days.
The Scorpion dinghy is a strong fleet nationally and although the number of visitors were down on the last few years, the club had 15 boats on the water for this Southern Championship.
The winning helm was Tom Jeffcoate from Shoreham SC with his crew Tim Hartley.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Hayman and his daughter Fran received a prize for the leading Sidmouth boat.
David Clapp, age 11, a local sailor, crewed with his father and received a special prize for being the youngest competitor.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
A big thank-you to all those who made the weekend a big success. Anyone looking for information about the club should contact email@example.com