Sidmouth SE Golf Croquet well beaten at Swanage
Sidmouth SE Golf Croquet team travelled to Swanage last Thursday to play against Swanage Croquet Club, writes Helen Pryor.
The team had been advised that the lawns would not be up to the standard of the Sidmouth’s lawns being on the outfield of the local cricket club!
In spite of this warning, the Sidmouth players were surprised at just how rough and uneven the outfield proved to be.
They could not get the feel of the lawns until a few games had been played, by which time it was too late to win many.
At lunchtime the score was eight-and-a-half to Swanage and three-and-a-half to Sidmouth. After a superb lunch provided by the hosts Sidmouth managed to win only another three out of the remaining eight games!
You may also want to watch:
The final result of the match was a resounding win for Swanage with a score line of thirteen-and-a-half to six-and-a-half.
However, two Sidmouth players each managed to win three games; Philip Harris won a doubles with partner Margaret Piper and each also won two singles games. Margaret also drew another doubles game.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
In spite of the poor result, the Sidmouth team all enjoyed the lovely sunny day and the wonderful hospitality of the Swanage club.