Sidmouth seagulls do not dampen things on a terrific day of bowling and friendship
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club were delighted to welcome Jacky Howle, Devon County Ladies’ President, and her team for a terrific day of bowling, writes Susie Bonnell.
The president has an extremely busy summer schedule and Sidmouth welcome the opportunity to provide a day of good bowling and friendly chat and the occasion was, as always, a huge success.
Ladies from Sidmouth provided a sumptuous afternoon tea - much enjoyed half way through the game.
The weather was kind and, despite having to wait for young seagulls to waddle out of the way before despatching a bowl and the noise of marquees being built for the forthcoming Folk Week, we all had a great day of bowling.
The president secured a win overall - albeit by a narrow margin of 10 shots - and her team, who had been made up from various clubs throughout the County, could travel home happy.
You may also want to watch:
It will be an entire year before we host the president’s match again, but we hope it will be as enjoyable as this year’s!
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"