Sidmouth seagulls do not dampen things on a terrific day of bowling and friendship
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club were delighted to welcome Jacky Howle, Devon County Ladies’ President, and her team for a terrific day of bowling, writes Susie Bonnell.
The president has an extremely busy summer schedule and Sidmouth welcome the opportunity to provide a day of good bowling and friendly chat and the occasion was, as always, a huge success.
Ladies from Sidmouth provided a sumptuous afternoon tea - much enjoyed half way through the game.
The weather was kind and, despite having to wait for young seagulls to waddle out of the way before despatching a bowl and the noise of marquees being built for the forthcoming Folk Week, we all had a great day of bowling.
The president secured a win overall - albeit by a narrow margin of 10 shots - and her team, who had been made up from various clubs throughout the County, could travel home happy.
You may also want to watch:
It will be an entire year before we host the president’s match again, but we hope it will be as enjoyable as this year’s!
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients