Sidmouth see off Plymouth thanks to seventh wicket century partnership
- Credit: Archant
A superb seventh wicket partnership of 119 saw Sidmouth to a two wicket success over Plymouth.
After winning the toss on a wet wicket, Sidmouth skipper Will Murray put the visitors in and three wickets were bagged before a dozen runs were on the Fortfield board. Murray bagged a brace and finished with figures of 2-20 from a full 10 over shift.
Charlie Miles span his way to a brace, but arguably the most applauded wicket was the one taken by Joe Griffiths who has now claimed wickets in third eleven, seconds and the first team. Griffiths finished with figures of 1-25 from six splendid overs on his 1st XI debut.
Chasing the visitor’s 170-9 the home side were reduced to a shaky 41-6, but a magnificent seventh wikcet partnership between Anthony Griffiths and Nick Gingell took the Fortfield men to the brink of victory.
Gingell fell for 47 and skipper Murray followed him back to the pavilion after picking up a third ball duck.
You may also want to watch:
Griffiths stood firm for a 102-ball unbeaten 66 and Charlie Miles, unbeaten on eight, was the other home batsmen at the wicket when the winning line was crossed.
On Saturday Sidmouth played their penultimate game of the season with a trip to North Devon.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat