Sidmouth see off Taunton Deane in warm-up match
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth beat Taunton Deane by eight wickets in a low-scoring friendly on the Fortfield, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Deane were bowled out for 102 with Will Murray taking four wickets and wily spinner Miles Dalton three.
The visitors brought a below-strength side with them and one or two of their wickets fell to questionable shots.
Sidmouth openers Matt Cooke (16) and Harvey Sargent (30) got the reply up and running, dealing harshly with anything short.
Cooke got out pulling, which brought new skipper Luke Bess into the fray.
You may also want to watch:
Bess cracked on to a rapid 46 before he was dismissed one run short of victory.
The first team’s pre-season preparations continue this Saturday with a trip to the County Ground to face Exeter.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Sidmouth 2nd XI thought they had done the hard bit at Thorverton by bowling the home side out for 121 – Jordan Fowler and Toby Seldon skittling the tail as the last five wickets went for 22 runs.
Despite a gallant 70 from skipper James Gingell, Sidmouth were all out for less than a hundred.
Three wickets in an over settled the contest in Thorverton’s favour.
It is back to the Fortfield this Saturday for the 2nd XI, who play a final warm-up match against Chudleigh.