Sidmouth senior Stableford success for John White
- Credit: Archant
There were slim pickings last week as the winter starts to arrive at Sidmouth Golf Club, writes Hugh Dorliac.
The weekend was a golf free zone at Sidmouth as the rain made the ground surface a bit too slippery for comfort, but, either side of that, golf was played with some solid results.
The Friday Stableford was closely contested with Nick Gingell coming out on top with a fine 40 points, ahead of the ever-present Mark Thomas on 39. Jonathan Lee took third, with a not so distant 37.
The Seniors were out in force on Monday with Wiggaton’s own, John White, winning their Stableford Division One on countback, ahead of Chris Grubb and John Billingsley, all recording 35 points apiece.
Division Two was won with a score of 33 by Ed Bamborough with Dave Atkinson (33) and Nigel Sharp (30) taking the minor places.
You may also want to watch:
The club Monday Stableford was won comprehensively by Jonathan Lee with 41 points, 23 of which were scored on the front nine alone!
Dusty Holland and Stonky Pepperell were behind him with 36 and 35 points respectively.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support