Sidmouth senior success for Doug Goodall
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth seniors played a medal and putting competition organised by Nigel Sharp, writes Chris Grubb.
Unfortunately, the event took place on one of the few wet days we have had for quite a while!
The rain started at around 11am so the early starters were luckier than the later starters and may have had an effect on the outcome, with some players giving up and walking in!
The competition was a standard medal stroke play, but all the putts on the greens counted separately as a competition within the medal competition.
Despite the conditions the scores were very creditable.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of the Medal, Doug Goodall took first place with a nett 66. Graham Rodgers was the runner-up with a nett 68 and countback was used to determine third and fourth spot with Tony Stoyle edging out Geoff Lory for third after both scored nett 70s.
The putting competition was won by John Townsend with 26 points.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!