Sidmouth senior success over Darmouth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth seniors were 4-2 winners when they took on Dartmouth seniors in warm and sunny conditions which made for a pleasant day’s golf.
Captain for the day Chris Grubb and Colin Paddon were first out and they made a blistering start, going four up after five holes and they were five up at the halfway stage of the match.
The back nine was a lot closer as they lost on 10 and 11, halved 12 and 13, but won on 14 and halved 15 to seal a four-and-three success.
Second out were Colin Mitchell and Bruce Harcourt, who halved the first eight holes in a very close contest with the Dartmouth pair, who eventually won by two holes. Third out were Graham Vincent and Hugh Dorliac, with Hugh stepping in at the last minute due to a late withdrawal. Graham felt unwell during the match, but managed to keep going to the finish and, despite that, Hugh and Graham managed a credible four-and-three win.
Glyn Hewitt and Ray Gunston came up against a very strong pairing from Dartmouth and were unable to prevent them getting ahead, despite playing well themselves, and eventually lost three-and-two. Ken Rothwell and Charles Brown were next out, with Charles stepping in at the last minute to replace a last minute withdrawal, which the captain was most appreciative of.
You may also want to watch:
They came in with a very timely three-and-two win. David Atkinson and Keith James were last to set out, getting shots from the Dartmouth players, which on their home course they took full advantage of, and gained a good four-and-two win.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support