Sidmouth seniors away day victory for Herbert in close encounter
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Golf Club Seniors Section held their annual Away Day at Churston Golf Club last Thurasday (June 5), writes Chris Grubb.
Fortunately the hard work of the organisers past captain’s Barry Jones and John Hicks was rewarded as the weather was almost perfect for golf with just a cool breeze blowing, to make for some interesting drives from those tees facing the wind.
For players who get a lot of practice playing seven par three’s at Sidmouth it was surprising none of the players managed a two on the four par three’s at Churston! Graham Rogers was the only player to get on the eighteenth green in two, saving face for the Sidmouth players.
In a close encounter countback was used to determine the winner with Colston Herbert taking first place and Brian Cole having to settle for second after both scored 33 points.
Paul Blay took third with his 32 points.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of nearest the pin on the 17th Bruce Harcourt and the winner of nearest pin in two on the 18th was Graham Rogers.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat