Sidmouth seniors bag two-leg success over Teign Valley
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth seniors secured overall success when they played the second leg of their meeting with Teign Valley, writes Chris Grubb.
Despite the inclement weather Teign Valley arrived in Sidmouth looking to get themselves back into the contest having gone down at home in the first leg to Sidmouth.
The home sides first pairing were Hugh Dorliac and Bruce Harcourt who discovered just how determined the visitors were – and what good form they were in - when the opposition birdied the first two holes!
The home duo battled superbly and served up some heroic putting, but succumbed to a four-and-three defeat on the 16th.
Glyn Hewitt and Brian LeMasurier had similar problems going down three-and-one, but not before LeMasurier won the nearest the pin on the 18th in two.
You may also want to watch:
Ray Gunston and Bob Cook reported they had been in a good scrap where their match could have gone either way, but unfortunately the home pair lost on the 18th hole.
The sun emerged halfway through the match and the Les Pratt and Coulston Herbert combination brought some sunshine to the tie for the home side, winning two-and-one to bank the first Sidmouth point.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
Veteran campaigner John Townsend recorded straight pars on all seven par three holes and, along with his partner, recorded a four-and-three success.
Finally, the Colin Paddon and Colin Mitchell partnership brought in a much needed point, winning four-and-two to ensure that Sidmouth enjoyed overall success in the two-leg meeting.