Sidmouth seniors beaten at Warren
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth seniors went down 4-2 when they met Warren, writes Chris Roberts.
Anxiety about the early morning rain was soon dispelled as hosts Dawlish Warren provided sunshine, excellent true greens and groomed tees.
Taking full advantage was Barry Jones playing in his first match for 18 months and taking vice captain David Bromage to his first win with splendid controlled and accurate golf.
They were ably supported by Colston Herbert and his late stand-in partner Bob Cook, taking full advantage of their four shots apiece to win two-and-one.
The match score at 2-2 after four games on a course renown as torment for many a Sidmouth golfer, was a big plus for the team, but unfortunately by the close Sidmouth had lost by 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
They do have the opportunity to gain revenge in June when Warren play at Sidmouth.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist