Sidmouth seniors beaten at Windwhistle
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth seniors were beaten when they played their second match of the season, writes Christopher Grubb.
The game just three days after the Teign Valley and took them to a sunny Windwhistle Golf Club and the first match of the year without ‘winter rules’ operating.
Once again some excellent, very closely contested games throughout the match with David Bromage and Brian Cole losing two-and-one, halving no fewer than 11 of the 18 holes.
The pairing of Colin Padden and Ken Price lost four-and-two, but the remainder of the games were more positive for the Sidmouth team.
Roy Smith and Tony Willson were three-and-two victors and then the duo of John Townsend and Chris Grubb and the pairing of Ken Rothwell and Colston Herbert halved their respective matches.
You may also want to watch:
With the contest poised at 3-2 to Windwhistle, the final Sidmouth pair of David Roberts and Bruce Harcourt were all square at the 16th but unfortunately lost the final two holes to leave Windwhistle the 4-2 victors.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!