Sidmouth Seniors’ Charity Bowl joy for Rob Owen
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth seniors had their closing competition and dinner which followed 46 competitors playing in the American Foursomes format in the morning, writes Hugh Dorliac.
With only two shots separating first from fifth, a tightly packed leader board ended with top spot going to Glyn Hewitt and Keith James with Phil Spencer and Roger Bawden in second and the pairing of Mark Laird and Derek Geear, taking third.
Also featuring highly were fourth placed Chris Ashley and Ken Price and fifth place went to Geoff Lory and Paul Blay.
At the evening Closing Dinner, after an excellent meal provided by Kerry Culshaw and her team, there were a few awards made prior to a generous raffle, which raised over £200 for the charity fund.
From the monthly competitions run during the summer, Barry Jones lined up with second and third placed Colston Herbert and John Hicks to receive his medal trophy from seniors' captain Chris Grubb.
You may also want to watch:
The Autumn Cup winners, Paul Blay, Hugh Dorliac and Vernon Ruffle, were awarded their prize, whilst David Atkinson was awarded his cup for best seniors eclectic from the Monday Stablefords run during the season.
Finally, the Charity Bowl was presented by seniors' captain Chris Grubb to 87-years-young Rob Owen, a long-standing Sidmouth member of 47 years!
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend