Sidmouth seniors defeat Teign Valley over two legs
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth seniors were 8-4 winners when the final shot was played in their two-legged meeting with Teign Valley.
On their way to Sidmouth, the Teign Valley seniors must have wondered if the return match would be on as they drove through torrential rain to reach their destination.
However, just an hour later though, and it was baking sunshine to start the match!
Sidmouth captain Hugh Dorliac and partner Vernon Ruffle were first out, playing the opposition captain Stan Jones and partner Martin. The opening holes were halved before Sidmouth drew ahead. From four behind Teign Valley pegged the Sidmouth pair back hole-by-hole, but Sidmouth finally prevailed on the 18th, winning by two.
It was obviously a day for home advantage to pay off as the teams of Glyn Hewitt and Colston Herbert, Les Pratt and Bob Winstone, Colin Mitchell and David Stone and Tony Crow with Wally Rothwell, also emerged victorious.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Kenny and John White also won, but in part, as they had only one opponent; one of Teign Valley’s players not having turned up.
This all led to a comfortable 8-4 win for Sidmouth across the two legs.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council