Sidmouth seniors enjoy Crediton success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Seniors had their home match versus Crediton Golf Club Seniors on the final Thursday of September, writes Chris Grubb.
The weather was perfect for golf with a light breeze on what was a glorious sunny day. Seniors captain Nigel Sharp partnered by Dieter Ritz, both of whom were in a rich vein of form, comfortably won the opening match seven-and-six.
Next out were the combination of Charles Brown and Bob Winstone who halved their match despite being three up with just five holes to play.
Third out were Chris Ashley and Glyn Hewitt who surprisingly lost their match despite Ashley playing to twi under his handicap against the Crediton duo of Copp and Shaw with Copp getting a hole in one on the 11th and was then kind enough to buy wine for all the tables at dinner!
Phil Spencer and Colin Mitchell won three-and-two, Barry Jones and Colston Herbert won four-and-two with Jones just three inches from a hole in one on the 12th.
You may also want to watch:
Frank Hart-Venn and Rob Owen lost three-and-two after being three down after six holes the pair did well to fight back but still losing by the same margin.
This left the Sidmouth seniors winning the match by three-and-a-half to two-and-a-half.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start