Sidmouth seniors enjoy Crediton success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Seniors had their home match versus Crediton Golf Club Seniors on the final Thursday of September, writes Chris Grubb.
The weather was perfect for golf with a light breeze on what was a glorious sunny day. Seniors captain Nigel Sharp partnered by Dieter Ritz, both of whom were in a rich vein of form, comfortably won the opening match seven-and-six.
Next out were the combination of Charles Brown and Bob Winstone who halved their match despite being three up with just five holes to play.
Third out were Chris Ashley and Glyn Hewitt who surprisingly lost their match despite Ashley playing to twi under his handicap against the Crediton duo of Copp and Shaw with Copp getting a hole in one on the 11th and was then kind enough to buy wine for all the tables at dinner!
Phil Spencer and Colin Mitchell won three-and-two, Barry Jones and Colston Herbert won four-and-two with Jones just three inches from a hole in one on the 12th.
You may also want to watch:
Frank Hart-Venn and Rob Owen lost three-and-two after being three down after six holes the pair did well to fight back but still losing by the same margin.
This left the Sidmouth seniors winning the match by three-and-a-half to two-and-a-half.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 4 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 5 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 9 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town