Sidmouth seniors inflict heavy defeat on Dawlish
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth seniors powered to an emphatic 8-0 victory when the re-arranged match against Dawlish Warren seniors took place last Tuesday, writes Chris Grubb.
The original match was re-scheduled due to wet weather and the course at Sidmouth being waterlogged, and a certain amount of apprehension with the tail end of hurricane Gonzola due to pass through during the morning.
However, despite some strong gusts of wind, conditions were quite favourable and the course proved to be in good condition with the greens a little on the slow side.
The Sidmouth team were in very good form and took full advantage with a clean sweep of all six matches winning 6-0. David Bromage and Charles Brown were four-and-three winners and next in, Ray Gunston and Lawrence Hill secured a similar win.
John White and Dieter Ritz won four-and-three, with White also winning nearest the pin in two on the 18th.
You may also want to watch:
Bob Winstone and Barry Jones powered their way to a six-and-five success before Tony Willson and Vernon Ruffle triumphed five-and-four.
Last, but certainly not least, Mick Munro and Bruce Harcourt won three-and-two.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
It was a great way to win the final home match of the season and an overall aggregate of 8-4 win for both home and away matches.