Sidmouth Seniors Monday Stableford success for Mike Davis
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sidmouth golfers played a ‘waltz’ format for their weekly winter three-ball competition, writes Hugh Dorliac.
Taking one score on the first hole, two on the second and three on the third, this one, two, three format can be tricky to accumulate a decent score.
The proliferation of leaves and a bright sun in the eyes on the homeward leg added to the difficulties.
Seventy-one turned out to be the winning points score from Messrs Barber, Pryke and Dorliac. In second were Mike Shepherd, Matt Bavington and Martin Crockett on 70 with Mark Thomas, Kevin Howe and Howard Cushing on 69.
The seniors were out in force for their latest Monday stableford and Mike Davis took the honours in Division One with the minor places going to Chris Timms on 33 and Brian Margison, on countback, with 31. In Division Two, Colston Herbert prevailed to win with 33 over Brian Skittrall and Martyn Cutmore, both on 30.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Timms has moved to the top of the Eclectic table with 64.5, leapfrogging Geoff Lory, who is now in second spot with 66, while David Cowler has moved up into third with 67.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal