Sidmouth seniors power to big win over Libbaton
With the Round Britain Cycle Race hurtling through Devon it was a determined Libbaton team that made its way through the clogged up roads to get to Sidmouth for their first match against Sidmouth seniors, writes Chris Grubb.
With a 5 -1 loss at Libbaton being carried forward, only a determined effort by Sidmouth would do for victory.
Happily all pairings for Sidmouth were successful albeit some results were very close and Sidmouth came out top winning 6-0 on the day and winning 7-5 overall aggregate score.
Hugh Dorliac and Bruce Harcourt won by one hole before Charles Brown and Colston Herbert claimed a four-and-three success.
David Bromage and Brian Cole recorded a thumping victory of seven-and-five and then Frank Hart-Venn won by one playing a Libbaton debutant who had been left on his own due to transport problems!
You may also want to watch:
There was also a single hole success for the pairing of Tony Stoyle and Vernon Ruffle before last pair out, Colin Mitchell and Bob Reynolds, wrapped things up with a single hole success to round-off an excellent result for the seniors section.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections