Sidmouth seniors power to big win over Libbaton
With the Round Britain Cycle Race hurtling through Devon it was a determined Libbaton team that made its way through the clogged up roads to get to Sidmouth for their first match against Sidmouth seniors, writes Chris Grubb.
With a 5 -1 loss at Libbaton being carried forward, only a determined effort by Sidmouth would do for victory.
Happily all pairings for Sidmouth were successful albeit some results were very close and Sidmouth came out top winning 6-0 on the day and winning 7-5 overall aggregate score.
Hugh Dorliac and Bruce Harcourt won by one hole before Charles Brown and Colston Herbert claimed a four-and-three success.
David Bromage and Brian Cole recorded a thumping victory of seven-and-five and then Frank Hart-Venn won by one playing a Libbaton debutant who had been left on his own due to transport problems!
You may also want to watch:
There was also a single hole success for the pairing of Tony Stoyle and Vernon Ruffle before last pair out, Colin Mitchell and Bob Reynolds, wrapped things up with a single hole success to round-off an excellent result for the seniors section.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 9 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank