Sidmouth seniors power to white-wash win over visiting Vivary Park
- Credit: Archant
Having had a most enjoyable match last week at Vivary Park, the Seniors entertained them at Sidmouth in a swift return meeting, writes Hugh Dorliac.
With almost the same teams for both away and home it was all set for a good day. The weather was good and much cooler which suited all players.
Home advantage is a great benefit and it seemed that the visitors found it very difficult to read the greens although they were advised that all putted balls tend to run towards the sea.
Opening pair Malcolm Couldwell and David Roberts started off well winning the first hole and being three up at the turn, but a great fight back followed and by the seventeenth it was all square.
A great drive on the 18th saw Malcolm near the green and he managed a good birdie to clinch the game.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidmouth captain then enjoyed watching all the other pairings continue the winning streak with a final 6-0 win, thus doing one better than the away loss of 5-1!
The main concern was one of Sidmouth members put his name down for being nearest the pin, but on that particular hole it was for only the visitors bottle of wine.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
He was obviously confused and Vivary didn’t go away empty handed
A great day and this being a new fixture between the two clubs was great for the future.