Sidmouth seniors see off East Devon
- Credit: Archant
The predicted rain kept away for most of the home leg of Sidmouth Seniors’ match against East Devon, writes Chris Grubb.
Not having played this fixture for two years Sidmouth were pleased to host the tie and provided a course in very good condition with some fast greens.
Captain Hugh Dorliac partnered with Doug Goodall took on East Devon’s vice-captain Derek Fisk and his 24-handicapper partner Ray Ambrose .
The Sidmouth pair forged ahead with an early lead and ultimately never looked back running out 5 and 4 winners.
Sidmouth pair Club Captain Ray Gunston/John Billingsley won with the same result after Billingsley played under par for holes 10 to 13.
You may also want to watch:
The next match was a much tighter affair but the Sidmouth pair of John Townsend/Mark Laird eventually running out winners 2 and 1. Chris Timms/Glyn Hewitt won by 3 and 2.
East Devon then fought back with a 5 and 4 win but the win for Sidmouth was sealed when in form Graham Rogers partnered with Colston Herbert won their match by 2 and 1 giving an overall win for Sidmouth by 5 games to 1.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
East Devon promised a much closer match when they host the return in September.