Sidmouth seniors share spoils at Mienhead to secure overall 8-4 victory.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth seniors had their away return match at Minehead on Monday of this week when, despite the threat of thunder and rain, the weather behaved itself, writes Chris Grubb.
Minehead is a near links course on the sea edge and makes for a delightful change to the hilly park-like course at Sidmouth.
Seniors captain Nigel Sharp, playing with Graham Vincent lost their match four-and-three after being one down at the ninth.
Second out were the pairing of Rod Wallace and Colin Mitchell who were three-and-two winners.
Next out Chris Grubb and Barry Jones made a good recovery and halved their match despite being three down after nine holes.
You may also want to watch:
Fourth out David Bromage and Paul Blay won four-and-three, this after being five up at 12 and fifth out were Ray Gunston and Ken Rothwell who halved a close match with six holes halved on the back nine.
Last out were Dieter Ritz and Charles Brown who lost four-and-three, unable to recover after losing four of the first five holes.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
The end result was that the away leg of the match was halved so giving Sidmouth seniors an overall 8-4 success over the two matches home and away.