Sidmouth seniors struck by lightning
Fifty-two Sidmouth Golf Club seniors section members travelled to Launceston for Nigel Sharp’s Captain’s Away Day meeting, writes Chris Grubb.
A lightning experience was had by all with the weather forecast being heavy thundery showers and was true to its prediction.
Launceston is a beautiful course and everyone enjoyed the day apart from the time a bolt of lightning hit the ground close to six of our golfers leaving the ground shaking and the clubhouse losing power.
The remainder of the members played to the end and must be congratulated for their persistence in the face of adversity.
After the game the Sidmouth seniors enjoyed a good meal with prizes being awarded to the winners. The individual prizes for Division One went to Colin Macklin and to Derek Geear for Division Two with the team prize going to the threesome of Colin Macklin, Brian Cole and Chris Rowe. Nigel Sharp also presented an award to Mike Flattley who will be leaving the club in the near future.
You may also want to watch:
An enjoyable day was had by all that attended.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients