Sidmouth seniors struck by lightning
Fifty-two Sidmouth Golf Club seniors section members travelled to Launceston for Nigel Sharp’s Captain’s Away Day meeting, writes Chris Grubb.
A lightning experience was had by all with the weather forecast being heavy thundery showers and was true to its prediction.
Launceston is a beautiful course and everyone enjoyed the day apart from the time a bolt of lightning hit the ground close to six of our golfers leaving the ground shaking and the clubhouse losing power.
The remainder of the members played to the end and must be congratulated for their persistence in the face of adversity.
After the game the Sidmouth seniors enjoyed a good meal with prizes being awarded to the winners. The individual prizes for Division One went to Colin Macklin and to Derek Geear for Division Two with the team prize going to the threesome of Colin Macklin, Brian Cole and Chris Rowe. Nigel Sharp also presented an award to Mike Flattley who will be leaving the club in the near future.
You may also want to watch:
An enjoyable day was had by all that attended.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon