Sidmouth seniors’ two-leg success over Axe Cliff
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth seniors’ return fixture against Axe Cliff was played on the Seaton course in fine weather and good spirits, writes Hugh Dorliac.
First out for Sidmouth were captain Tony Stoyle with Keith James, who soon found themselves in a tight match.
In the end the match was a draw with honours even.
Unfortunately, the next three matches went the way of the home team despite some early promise from the visitors and it was left to Ken Rothwell and Graham Vincent to find a win and a well- earned point for Sidmouth to clinch the two leg tie with the final score being six-and-a-half to five-and-a-half.
? Last Friday, the running of the Sidmouth Jewellers Stableford saw another win for Lee Barber with 40 points earning a two-stroke deduction off his handicap.
You may also want to watch:
Second was Graham Davies on 37 with Paul Hackett on 36.
? This week’s UpperCrust Monday Stableford was won by Neil Holland with a more modest 37 on countback from Brian Margison.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
John Jones was third with 36 points.
The standard scratch score for the day was 68 rather than 66, so Brian saw his handicap drop by one stroke to 13 for next time out.