Sidmouth senors share spoils with hosts Cricket St Thomas
- Credit: Archant
Cricket St Thomas (formerly Windwhistle) Golf Club played host to the Sidmouth seniors’, several of which had not played there before, writes Chris Grubb.
First off were vice-captain Hugh Dorliac and David Atkinson who found themselves four down at the turn thanks to some excellent putting from the opposition’s captain. The back nine saw a resurgence of form for the Sidmouth pair who ran out winners by two holes.
Brian Cole and Glyn Hewitt were quick starters racking up a four hole lead over the first four holes and never looked back finishing comfortable five-and-four winners.
Phil Spencer and John Sanders playing against a pair which included a high handicapper, who kept them at bay, and eventually losing three-and-two.
John Townsend and Roy Smith won their tie narrowly by one hole.
You may also want to watch:
Bob Winstone and Nigel Sharp lost by one hole with the final pairing of Bruce Harcourt and Tony Willson also losing by one hole, with Harcourt making an effort to hit every tree on the course!
The overall result was a 3-3 draw away from home which is always considered a creditable result.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients