Sidmouth Sheelah Creasey team beaten at Fingle Glen
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
On Wednesday the Sidmouth ladies played a qualifying competition in the Express and Echo Foursomes, writes Andrea Milton.
This is a two person team competition where the players use one ball and take alternate shots to complete the hole.
It was a very hot and sunny day and the course was playing hard and fast.
The winning ladies were Marie Timms and Sheila Faulkner. They carded nine pars and one birdie to give them a fabulous score of 45.
The runners-up were Liz Chance and Susan Hackett with a very respectable score of 36.
You may also want to watch:
This means that Marie and Sheila will go forward to the Express & Echo Shield final to be held at Torquay golf club on September 15. We wish them luck.
Also, this week the ladies Sheelah Creasy team played an away match at Fingle Glen.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands
Liz Chance and Ros Eaton won their matches so we had a 5-2 loss. However, we play them again, at home, in the coming week.