Sidmouth sign off with a hot shot
- Credit: Archant
Last Thursday saw the visit of near neighbours from Ottery for the last mixed friendly match of the season, writes John Mason.
Sidmouth won all four rinks convincingly and not only was the rink of Janet Smith, Stewart Thomson, Mary Turner and Bob Daniels (skip) top rink with a score of 33-7, but during the game they achieved a ‘hot shot’, scoring with all eight of their woods. Well done! What a splendid way to finish the season.
As you read this report the outdoor season will have ended. Another enjoyable season thanks to the efforts of the outdoor committees led by this year’s captains Jill Bishop and Ann Capon for the ladies and Mike Borst for the men.
With the competition finals completed and the return of those who toured the Bournemouth area last week all that remained other than the closing drive, was the match between the Ladies and Gents, nothing of much importance then!
Don’t you believe it; various methods of encouragement (or was it distraction) were employed to get that all important win.
You may also want to watch:
The men won two rinks by convincing margins but the ladies secured lesser wins on the remaining three rinks and claimed victory despite the score being 73-66 in favour of the men. I know who I believe won!
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections