Sidmouth sign off with a hot shot
- Credit: Archant
Last Thursday saw the visit of near neighbours from Ottery for the last mixed friendly match of the season, writes John Mason.
Sidmouth won all four rinks convincingly and not only was the rink of Janet Smith, Stewart Thomson, Mary Turner and Bob Daniels (skip) top rink with a score of 33-7, but during the game they achieved a ‘hot shot’, scoring with all eight of their woods. Well done! What a splendid way to finish the season.
As you read this report the outdoor season will have ended. Another enjoyable season thanks to the efforts of the outdoor committees led by this year’s captains Jill Bishop and Ann Capon for the ladies and Mike Borst for the men.
With the competition finals completed and the return of those who toured the Bournemouth area last week all that remained other than the closing drive, was the match between the Ladies and Gents, nothing of much importance then!
Don’t you believe it; various methods of encouragement (or was it distraction) were employed to get that all important win.
You may also want to watch:
The men won two rinks by convincing margins but the ladies secured lesser wins on the remaining three rinks and claimed victory despite the score being 73-66 in favour of the men. I know who I believe won!
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 7 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project