Sidmouth sit second at halfway point of Indoor Cricket League campaign
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Indoor Cricket League has reached the halfway stage of the latest campaign with all teams having now played five times.
Sidmouth were edged off top spot on matchday five, albeit by wickets difference as new table-toppers Clyst St George secured back-to-back wins.
Sidmouth were in fine form with the bat, racking up the days biggest score of 163 and then they restricted Tipton to a reply of 120.
Clyst St George were too much for Newton Poppleford, who they bowled out for just 46 after clocking a total of 106 when batting first.
They then accounted for Upottery who batted first and were restricted to a total of 58, passed with some ease by Clyst St George who have reached half way with four wins and one defeat from their five games so far.
You may also want to watch:
The other game of matchday five saw Clyst Hydon held to a score of 51, passed with a degree of comfort by Newton Poppleford.
The table as at halfway reads
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
P S D L WF WA Pts
Clyst St George 5 4 0 1 70 30 12
Sidmouth 5 4 0 1 31 37 12
Clyst Hydon 5 2 0 3 19 29 6
Upottery 5 3 0 2 40 36 9
Newton Poppleford 5 2 0 3 45 35 6
Tipton St John 5 0 0 5 -1 37 0