Sidmouth spinner Miles gets Devon call for Unicorns Cup tie with Falmouth
- Credit: Archant
DEVON have made two changes to their match-day 12 for Sunday’s Unicorns Cup game against Cornwall at Truro, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Sidmouth seamer Scott Barlow is unavailable and is replaced in the squad by Bovey Tracey’s Ryan Bougourd.
Batsman Matt Golding is left out of the 12 and his place goes to Sidmouth spinner Charlie Miles.
Miles broke into the Sidmouth first team last season and quickly made the right impression.
Dorset selected Miles for a handful of youth games while he was studying at Woodroffe School in Lyme Regis.
You may also want to watch:
He was picked spotted by Devon last season and featured in the U19 squad.
Keith Donohue, Devon’s director of cricket, feels Miles has something to offer having watched him closely in the defeat by Exeter University at Sidmouth two weeks ago.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
“He bowled pretty well against decent quality batting and didn’t look at all out of place,” said Donohue.
“He looks like a cricketer – call it a gut feeling – and he is going to get a chance soon.”
Final selection will be made when the team arrive at Truro on Sunday morning.
Devon (from): L J Lewis (Sidmouth), R J Woodman (Taunton), J E Burke (Budleigh), M W Thompson (Torquay), J J Bess (Sidmouth), D F Lye, A P W Allen (both Exmouth), R W Davies (Twickenham), T S Anning, G R Chappell (both Exmouth), R J Bougourd (Bovey Tracey), C L Miles (Sidmouth).