Sidmouth Sports Hall ready for launch of pay-and-play netball
- Credit: Archant
There’s a return of ‘pay-and-play’ netball at Sidmouth this coming Saturday (September 13).
All are welcome to attend the sessions which will run from 5pm to 6pm each Saturday at Sidmouth Sports Hall from 6pm.
All attendees need to bring is trainers, some water and £3.
Alexa Baker of the netball group says: “We’re a friendly bunch who turn up and play friendly 10 minute games of netball enabling players to swap positions, sit out and rest and try umpiring. Abilities are wide spread as is the age range, 11 years plus, so if you haven’t played since leaving school or you’ve never played before, give us a try, no commitment, just turn up and play.”
You can find out more on the facebook page of Sidmouth Toucans netball or email Alexa Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Still on the net ball theme, Sidmouth-based Toucans netball team took part in a tournament in mid-week at Honiton.
The competition was used a pre-season warm-up to the Honiton Winter League which starts next Monday.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Toucans won two and lost two of their matches and were delighted to say welcome back to Anna Rowson who has returned following maternity leave.