Sidmouth Spring Meeting success for lady captain and her playing partners
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday Sidmouth ladies held their Spring Meeting, which is the official start to the season, writes Marie Clapp.
Unfortunately, the weather was not very spring like - there was a chill in the air - but it did stay dry, which was the main thing!
The players played in teams of three and played the Texas Scramble format. This format sees each player take their drive before the best shot is chosen and everybody takes their shot from that position also. This continues through the shots until the ball is in the hole.
Each player had to include four drives on the score card and also 20 per cent of the combined handicap. There was an excellent turn out of ladies for this event.
First prize went to the trio of lady captain Angela Coles, Coral Roberts and one of our new members Chris Cave.
You may also want to watch:
Second prize went to Linda Reynolds, Jaqui Jones and Jane Renken whilst the third prize went to Margaret Thompson, Yvonne Anning and Sue Billinghurst.
The prizes were beautiful baskets of flowers which were kindly put together by a past lady captain Dee Bridgewater.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
After the action on the course the ladies had a cream tea and the prizes were distributed. A most enjoyable day was had by all.