Sidmouth Stableford success for David Bater
- Credit: Archant
The fourth Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford had a small field as the weather was poor most of the day, writes John Barnard.
A few hardy souls decided to battle the elements, though, and in first place was David Bater with 37 points.
A steady round, with just the one birdie but few bogies for this low handicapper.
Indeed, it is mainly the low handicapped youngsters who played.
In second place was John Jones. He lost on countback as he had the same number of points as David. He managed three birdies but a double bogie on the 14th hole cost him the win.
You may also want to watch:
In third place was Mike Knight, regularly featuring in the places this year. He scored 36 points and was playing well, but three bogies in the last four holes put paid to his chance of winning.
David Burgess still leads the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night league with 27 points and Kevin Legg is still second on 23 points.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Knight has joined him on 23 points and Duncan Taylor has moved up the table with 19 points.