Sidmouth star Gater out of North Devon game
- Credit: Archant
Will Gater suffered an ankle injury in Sunday’s Devon Premier Cup victory over Bovey Tracey and will sit out tomorrows visit to Fortfield of North Devon, writes Stephen Birley.
Gater turned his ankle when bowling and limped out of the action one ball before completing three overs in what became a comfortable success for Sidmouth.
Skipper Will Murray says: “I would think it’ll be a couple of weeks for Will. Fortunately we should be able to call upon the considerable services of Adam Dibble, if Somerset do not require him.”
Murray is very content with how his team have started the new season with four straight Francis Clark Devon League Premier Division wins and a place in the last eight of the County Cup already secured.
League win number four came at Bradninch on Saturday and 24-hours later his side were easing Bovey Tracey, the only other Premier side to have won all four so far this season, out of the cup.
You may also want to watch:
He says: “It’s not by luck we have mad the start we have for a lot of hard work has gone into net practise and all the players are firing at the same time. Liam Lewis and Matt Cooke have been in great form with the bat and we have a top order that oozes quality to such a degree that, even as happened at Bradninch last Saturday, when we lose early wickets we still, have the ability to post a winning total. Sunday’s cup win over Bovey was equally encouraging as six different bowlers claimed wickets in another convincing performance.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford