Sidmouth Streatham Trophy joy for Howe and Davies
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday, it was the third round of the Streatham Trophy ( the January competition didn’t count as it was 18 holes over the inner nine twice), writes John Barnard.
The early starters started in very cold weather but this didn’t seem to affect the winning team of Kevin Howe and Graham Davies although their winning score of 47 points was dominated by a back nine scoring 27 points. They birdied holes twelve, thirteen and eighteen to achieve and excellent score.
In second were Lee Wenham and Don Cooper who must have thought that their 46 points was going to be enough for the win.
They too had a good back nine scoring 24 points, including birdies on twelve and eighteen.
There was then a big gap to the third placed team of Sean Murphy and Steve Punter who scored 42 points.
You may also want to watch:
In the overall table with one round to go, Lee Wenham and Don Cooper lead by one point from Kevin Howe and Graham Davies.
It looks like the winner will come from these two groups as third placed teams are five points back.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start